Monday, June 29, 2009

Widdle-A-Way
Last week at our neighborhood garage sale I snagged a deal on a treadmill. I hit the neighborhood hard and by the time I got to the treadmill sale I had already spent my budget, but I still looked at it very seriously and asked a bunch of questions. I left the sale discouraged because I have wanted a treadmill for years and this one was $50.00, worked and was in good condition. I went home and decided to go ahead and buy it anyway. I went back and bought it and arranged for Victor to pick it up the next day. I was so excited!

Victor picked it up the next day which proved to be a challenge since the truck is in Virginia, but they were very helpful by helping Victor get it home by using their van. It now sits nicely in my basement and the best part is I’VE BEEN USING IT! Hooray to me! I feel like a turtle using it because I’ve only been able to do 1 mile at a time and that takes me 30 minutes. That hasn’t discouraged me and I keep walking away. I am loving it! I love having this gem in my home now. Going outside and walking in the neighborhood bothered me because I am so self-conscious of my weight and my breasts jiggle more than my butt. That’s no lie….So now I can exercise in the comfort and privacy of my home and that is exactly how I wanted it.

So, today’s weigh in was 219 and I expect it to start going down more evenly and steadily now that I am exercising.

2 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

What a deal! Good for you, and keep it up. And I kinda know what you mean about being self-concious about the jiggle - I had it after each of my babies and did not want to present it to the world! But I hope you will get to the point where you won't have to be shy anymore and can enjoy the fresh air out in your neighborhood without being embarrassed!
Love you
Loralee

Rebecca Irvine said...

Treadmills are a great addition to a personal exercise routine. Especially if you are tied to your house for some reason. So yay for you in getting it and for using it!