Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jesus versus the Easter Bunny

I follow the blog of Modern Molly Mormon which is a great blog hosted by several women who all take turns writing on the blog. It's a great blog and you should check it out.

Today there was a great post on whether to use the Easter Bunny in your Easter celebrations. She wrote eloquently about how she uses both and that one doesn't take away from the other. She states "The Lord will NEVER be out done by Santa, The Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, never in a bazillion years and as long as the teachings of the Lord, his resurrection and the true meaning of Him in our lives, hearts and minds is taught to our children with more conviction than the mythical beings then we are not harming anyone."

My children all had the Easter Bunny visit and we dyed eggs and hid them. We also celebrated Christs resurrection, had traditional ham dinner and went to church. They all delighted going to Grandma's house and finding that the Easter Bunny came there also, how thoughtful that little Easter Bunny is.

I am looking forward to little Sophie and Brian's Baby (not named yet) so that I can be the Easter Bunny for them. Even though I am miles apart I will still, always, send Easter Packages. In fact, I can't wait to do all those fun things for them. So, check out her post and enjoy Easter at your house.


No comments: