Monday, March 23, 2009


Widdle-A-Way Week #3

One pound, just one pound! I still feel a bit hopeless, but losing one pound is better than last week when I didn't lose any. Weight Watchers will tell you that one pound is good, so I will celebrate.

I seemed to do better with my diet this past week, but still struggled with my crutches. I cut back a lot on my candy intake, so that was good. Eating out every day is hindering me though and I can't wait to go home the end of this week so I can eat better and actually cook a meal. I have great Weight Watcher cookbooks that taste fabulous, I will post some recipes next week.

Exercise was another struggle for me this past week. I walked on the treadmill once and then one of the tourist things I did I walked 2 miles, so I did better. When I go home the end of the week I won't have a treadmill, but there are a lot of sidewalks in my subdivision and it is pretty out so that will be nice.

I am hopeful for this coming up week. My diet will be more under control, but exercise will still be a struggle for me. I still hate to see myself in a mirror and cringe every time I do, but it seems to motivate me even further. One day at a time, isn't that what they say. So, today I will celebrate ONE pound and pat myself on the back for making an effort.

5 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

One pound lost is better than one pound gained! If you look at it that way, then you are ahead 2 pounds!
;-)

Grace said...

Loralee has a good point! I just wish it were so easy to lose !!! I too need to lose weight and find it a struggle. I have hypothyrodism which makes it tougher to lose. Debbie thanks for the reminder that I need to work HARDER to try and LOSE!

The Birthday Group said...

Thank you to both of you! Grace, I have hypothyroidism also, but I try and not use that as a crutch. It does make it seem harder though.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Hi Debbie-
Did you try to put your signature on your blog? It looks like it on my blog reader.
Looks like maybe you didn't copy the whole entire series of characters in the text code into your new post text box. And if you go to Layout->Settings->Formatting->Post Template, you can paste the text code in there so your signature automatically shows up every post! (And be sure to save it - I forgot the first time!)
I look forward to seeing your signature...I love this feature!
:~D

The Birthday Group said...

Loralee, you are a mind reader! I was going to send you an e-mail asking you how to do that, but you beat me to it. Thank you for the help, I really appreciated it.